Review of Cursing Fate by Brenda Drake

Cursing Fate by Brenda Drake (The Fated #2)

Thank you to Entangled Teen and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

You may remember I reviewed Touching Fate (The Fated#1) a few weeks back! So Cursing Fate focuses on Iris and Wade. Iris and Wade are just working on being friends after she shredded his heart awhile back. Well in book 1, if you remember her older sister Aster changed her fate and that caused her to break up with Wade. Iris needs a tutor and Wade agrees to do it. Iris is also struggling with her friends several of them have let her down one way or another recently.

Soon Iris begins to hear a voice and is drawn to the cards, but she knows she isn't a fate changer like her sister.  To her horror, she can seem to resist the mysterious voice and what it wants to her to do to her friends and other people she goes to school with. Will Wade be able to figure out what is going on before it's too late? Will Daisy and Violet be able to get the tarot cards back and change fate?

I really liked Iris and Wade. They were cute and he really cared about her. I wasn't a complete fan of the storyline, just some aspects seemed a little confusing to me. I know that is vague but I hate giving away spoilers. The friendships in this book were just amazing, I know that some of them had let Iris down or hurt her sister, but the way it all came, together, in the end, is what a real friendship resembles.

If I would have to hazard a guess there will be at least two more books, but I am only guessing because there are only these two listed on Goodreads. Daisy and Violet played really big roles in this book and based on the ending I would guess there is at least one more book coming. I really enjoyed the second book and secretly or not so secretly hope to read about another of the Layne sisters. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4