Getting Lucky Number Seven by Cindi Madsen


Thank you to Entangled: Embrace and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Lyla has hit a rough patch, it has been a few months since her boyfriend broke up with her, and her roommates have decided to set her her but when she overhears him call her boring and fugly, Lyla gets upset and heads to her best friend Beck's place to come with a plan. Beck is in the middle of sealing the deal when Lyla arrives, but he puts it all aside to help her out.

Lyla makes plans to change her look and comes up with a list, and with Beck's help she begins to change things. At the end of the first week she has knocked out 3 of the six things on her list. She decides to add a number seven. As she is tackling the second half of her list, Beck stumbles across her new list. Soon all he can thinking about is number seven. Mind blowing sex... and he wonders if he can help Lyla knock that off her list.

As things progress between Lyla and Beck suddenly they are in strange territory. Beck is always upfront about not wanting relationships and Lyla is trying to not go beyond that, but he isn't helping when he holds her hand or invites her to come home with him on spring break. Can she get to him to admit how he feels? Or will this all end horribly?

I read another book in this series and when I saw that Entangled was offering a second look at the first book I jumped at it. I find that I still seriously love hockey romances! I don't often read romance anymore, but I do read it occasionally. I love Lyla she is a great person and I love how she tackles the list and it isn't a ridiculous list either. Baby steps so to speak to break her out of her shell.

I also seriously adore friends to lover romances. It hits me in all the feels and it always feels so genuine and real. Beck is smoking hot and despite his causal dalliances he actually has legit reasons he acts like that and it makes him even more adorable. I recommend this series if you are looking for a new romance to break up your regular reading material.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black