LUX! by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I promised you all I was going to get to this series and I always deliver on my promises. I had to really think this series through on how to proceed for a review.
Today I’m going to give you a synopsis of the overall series. Tomorrow I’ll give you a character profile of each one in the series and a review of the first two books. I’ll bring in some of my favorite character quotes from the series throughout the week and put up some mood boards for my visual mutuals.

Let me take you on one of the wildest rides I’ve ever experienced in a book series EVER! It’s a roller coaster of emotions, cliffhangers that should be classified as manslaughter, plot twists that will keep you up at night, and villains...oh the villains!!! All wrapped up in some very yummy with a capital Y alien hotness. Yes..I said ALIEN hotness. For love of alien babies Daemon Black makes us all happy that E.T. didn’t phone home!

This is not your typical SyFy beam me up Scotty, extra-terrestrial series. Oh no! The synopsis of this series is that the Luxen have come to Earth seeking a new home because theirs was destroyed in a massive war. Ok that part is totally your average SyFy, E.T. stuff. Where it veers off is that the Luxen are complete hotness. Like ALL OF THEM! All the Luxen are total babes and us poor wittle humans can’t help but be attracted to them especially since they look human! Just super, really fine, catwalk material, human FINE AS HELL! But they aren’t, they aren’t human and they're watched over by the D.O.D. They aren’t supposed to mix overly much with humans as the D.O.D. has expressly forbidden it. Like they can have flings and friendships but no long-term relationships, no falling in love with a human, and most importantly NO HEALING A HUMAN! That’s the other no!no! Thou must never, ever, heal a human. Not only does the D.O.D forbid it but so do the Elders, the Luxen in charge of other Luxen because the Elders are super speciest dicks!

Everything’s gone to crap in the past year for Katy Swartz and her mom. Her dad’s passed away from brain cancer and her mom had/has a really hard time dealing with it. Katy misses her dad and now her mom has up and moved them to the backwoods of West Virginia!
Daemon Black’s brother Dawson and his human girlfriend died last year, and Daemon is determined to protect the one sibling he has left, his sister Dee, from the same fate. When he discovers the new girl moving in next door, he knows it’s just a matter of time before his sister Dee tries to make friends with her. In order to protect the sister, he loves he will have to push the new girl away even if it kills him.
In the backwoods of West Virginia near the Seneca Rocks, a war between duty and devotion will erupt. Daemon and Katy will have to choose between the bonds that bind them and the people that have raised them.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4