The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alexandria “Alex” Andros: She’s the Half Mortal and Half Pure a.k.a. The next Apollyon that everyone loves. She’s always salty, she holds a grudge like a champ, and she’s got the mouth of a sailor on shore leave. Alex holds her bigger than life personality together with trash talk and serious bravery. Alex will make you laugh, cringe, and cry and by the end of the series you’ll be her biggest fan too.
“No. I do believe in them. I just think they’re absentee landlords. Right now, they’re probably hanging out somewhere in Las Vegas, screwing showgirls and cheating at poker.”
― Alex-Half-Blood Covenant Series book 1
Aiden St. Delphi: He’s yummy with a capital Y. This Sentinel is 100% Pure...blood that it is. Aiden comes to Alex’s rescue in Atlanta and he’s just such a SAINT. A yummy, yummy, good guy saint.
“ALEX: “How come you smile when you knock me down?”

AIDEN: “It’s the little things that make me happy.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Half-Blood
Caleb: He’s a half whose been Alex’s BFF since they were eight years old. He’s always got her back and their platonic friendship is the stuff that friendship dreams are made of!!!
“You better have had a baby, killed someone, or slept with a pure. Those are your three options. Anything less is unsuitable.”
― Caleb, Half-Blood-Covenant Series book 1
Seth: Seth is the bad boy you love to hate. He’s obnoxious and annoying and he’s smart assy, he’s basically Alex but in boy form. He’s the current Apollyon and according to fate he’s Alex’s other half.
“You’re such a stalker, Seth. How long were you standing there?”
“I am not a stalker, and I was standing there long enough to realize you have no self-control and you’re unstable. I kind of like that about you—mainly because I find it entertaining.”
― Alex and Seth Half-Blood, Covenant book 1

Leon: He’s a pure blood sentinel who has the worst timing when it comes to things of a naughty nature. Seriously this guys ability to interrupt all the fun shenanigans between couples is off the charts and when you find out who he really is…you’re gonna DIE!! Lore Olympus fans are going to KEEL OVER DEAD!!!
Luke: Luke is another half. He’s Alex and Caleb’s friend and as the series progresses through the books he get closer and closer to Alex and Aiden’s brother Deacon. I truly love Luke for a whole host of reasons but mostly it’s his non-judgmental support of people that draws me in. He’s funny without be unkind, he’s adorable and yeah I love his dirty sense of humor.
“Did I get you in trouble today during practice?”

“No. I’m usually easily distracted. So it was nothing new.”

Luke nudged me, grinning. “I can see why you are distracted. Too bad he’s a pure. I’d give my left butt cheek for a piece of that.”

“He likes girls.”

“So?” Luke laughed at my expression. “What’s he like?

He seems so quiet. Like you know he’d be good in—”

“Stop right there!”—Alex and Luke, Half Blood (Covenant Series book 1)
Deacon: Deacon is Aiden’s younger brother. He’s often referred to by the other students at the Covenant as a “Zeus” or as a “Zeus fanboy” basically what they mean is that Deacon is the resident man-whore. He’s an equal opportunity lover and he has a lot of lovers. He’s the opposite of Aiden in my many ways. Where Aiden is often referred to as SAINT Delphi (emphasis on the saint), Deacon is often referred to as the less stellar brother. He’s an unapologetic party boy and he brings the necessary levity to the group that they often need in dark times.
Marcus: Marcus Andros is the Dean of Diety Island Covenant and he’s also Alex’s uncle. He’s not her favorite person in the beginning. Ok who am I kidding he’s not her favorite person for quite some time.
All of these characters and more make up the Army of Awesome or the AOA and together with other characters they will have to take on Olympus, The Underworld, and creatures of myths and legends to save our world.
Did I mention Olympus? Yeah, the Greek Gods are here in force and if you’re a Lore Olympus fan you will absolutely love this series!
Holy Hades there’s Apollo, Artemis, Athena, Hades, Persephone and many more of the gods. They will make you cringe and laugh and when Apollo throws his little bitch fits you’ll laugh till you cry!!!Half-Blood

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4