Dark Hollows by Steve Frech





 Thank you to Netgalley and HQ Digital for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Jacob is running a successful business and building another when he gets a rather strange guest at his cottage. She remind him of a girl he used to know. But it can't be because he knows he that she is dead... After the guest leaves things begin to go wrong and Jacob begins to think he might be losing his mind.

As his life is falling apart around him, he relives the memories of what happened to Laura and starts looking into the things he didn't know about her to figure out what is happening to him now...

So vague I know, but there is a lot going on in this book and I am not giving things away at all. I was sucked in, although I will say it was confusing go back to the past and then being in the present, because it wasn't always clear. In fact I will say it took me longer than I am willing to admit for me to figure out what was the past. I fully admit at times I though it was just an abrupt change of scene.

Jacob was interesting character even by the end I am not sure how I fully feel about him, one the one hand he is likable and engaging. That being said he has some skeletons in his closet that make me question if I should like him. Plus that ending..... I want to know what was going to happen. I am not normally a fan of a open to interpretation ending, but this one was well done. I look forward to seeing what this author does next. This was a great debut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4