Red Widow by Alma Katsu

 

Thank you to Netgalley and G.P. Putnam's Sons for  a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Lyndsey Duncan is pretty sure when she receives the phone to call to report in early that her career is over. She knows it can't be good news, but she is stunned to find out that three Russian assets are dead or missing in the last couple of weeks, the most famous is the one they know for sure is dead. Popov made Lyndsey a star and she is truly upset when she finds that he was on his way to D.C. when he died on the flight. 

He must have been burned, but Lyndsey thrown for another loop when she learns that these assets must have been burned by someone inside the agency.  Who would betray the agency and why? That is what Lyndsey is going to find out. Theresa Warner is known as the red Widow or the Widow because her husband was killed in Russia trying to protect an asset of his. When she makes a genuine connection with Lyndsey it is the friendship they both need, however, is it real? 

I am going to put this disclaimer out here while sometimes I like spy things like the Bourne Identity, more often I find that they just aren't my cup of tea. When I was contacted what sold me on reviewing this was the author. I have read almost all of Alma Katsu book's. I love her and this is proof that I will read anything by her. Having said that I can say I will continue to pick up anything she writes because I liked this, I was drawn in and interested. I wanted to know who was behind what and even when I thought I had part of it down I was surprised to find that it wasn't all of it.

I have to say I am a little sad that this is a standalone, because I really want to see Lyndsey again. I would read another story featuring her without thinking twice. So these may be different then her last few books, but she becoming a go to author for me. I haven't been let down by one of her stories yet. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4