Emma Hamm "Otherworld" Series

It’s Author Spotlight in May! I’m so excited to bring you all your May pick, Emma Hamm. She’s the storyteller of the month and she’s got my vote for the best fae tales I’ve read since Holly Black’s ‘Modern Fairytales and the Cruel Prince’. In Emma Hamm’s ‘Otherworld’ series we get to meet some of the most original characters in both the mortal and fae realms that I’ve read in a very long, long time. In the “Heart of the Fae” I was entranced how her characters were so similar to the original darker fae tales and yet just enough different to be uniquely their own. Heart of the Fae is the first book in the series, and it is by far my favorite of them all. The story arc, the characters, the wit, and emotion were so raw and so real I fell completely into the story and was captivated by the end of the first chapter. Let’s talk about the relationship between Sorcha and Eamonn! Those two burned up the page!! Every time they came into contact, I was holding my breath and then fanning myself. I loved them! Just read this quote from ‘The Heart of the Fae” and I dare you not to swoon! “Heat flashed in his gaze, a blush spreading across his cheeks. “Perhaps you have never danced with a man.” “Boys, yes. A man?” Sorcha’s eyes followed the ragged edge of crystals, the barbaric braid swaying from the peak of his head to his waist, the linen tunic belted by sheep skin. “Never a man such as you.” ― Emma Hamm, Heart of the Fae Phew! I mean the burn in this book is slow and WORTH IT! Every one of the stories in the Otherworld series is great but I have a special fondness for Sorcha and Eamonn. Emma Hamm’s fae tales’ series is like Lay’s potato chips, you can’t read just one. I ended up reading the entire ‘Otherworld’ series in a matter of weeks. The minute I finished one I was immediately picking up the next and the next and the next! I’ve decided that I need everyone of them in print to add to my bookshelves. I think I’ll shelve them right next to Grimm’s Fairytales, another favorite of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.