The Last House On Needless Street by Catriona Ward

 

Thank you to Netgalley and Tor Nightfire for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.


A man, a missing girl, a daughter, a bible reading cat and a desperate sister all converge on Needless Street. Ted lives there with his daughter and his cat Olivia. Although sometimes his daughter leaves, but no one sees her coming or going. He has had problems every since the little girl with the Popsicle disappeared. 

He knows that there is a Murderer in his town, and he is trying to figure it out, but Ted drinks too much and has secrets. Olivia his cat helps him in his worst moments. Dee is desperate to find her sister Lulu and after she sees the newspaper with Ted's picture in it and the headline subjects house searched she knows that he has her sister. 

Little does she know that it is deeper then that. Ted does have secrets, but I won't reveal them here, because it will give the whole book away.

I admit this for you if you like unreliable narrators. I found this confusing and interesting and confusing and then I was just plain shocked when it all started coming together. This book isn't for the faint of heart at all. It does wrap most things up in the end, but I didn't even start putting the clues together until way after some of them were clearly being explained. I blame it on being slightly tired when I started this. For the most part this isn't quite my normal thriller or mystery. It is both of course, but I don't always  like unreliable narrators or stories that seem to have a paranormal edge to them. 

All of that aside I couldn't put this book down I had to know what was going on, and I had to know what happened to the Little Girl with the Popsicle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.