The Admirer's Secret by Pamela Crane


 I won this in a Goodreads Giveway, so thank you to Goodreads and Amazon for a copy of this book.


This book is told in first person with the majority of the chapters from Haley's POV, however Allen and Marc. It took me a minute what was going on and I will say this right off the bat, this wasn't my favorite. That being said it was interesting and it kept me reading. I just didn't love it. I don't always like first person especially if it has several different people because that can be confusing trying to figure out who is talking in that chapter.

Haley has a secret and someone knows her secret, and she is starting to get worried about these letters. Who knows her like this, what do they want? Allen has secrets of his own and he really likes Haley, but he is hiding from his own past. The fact that his wife is missing doesn't stop him from fixating on Haley. Haley is in love, but Marc only has eyes for Julie or so we think, or does he??

So the one spoiler I will give away is one or more of the characters is unstable and unreliable so it is hard to talk about the plot without giving things away. I don't want to give too much away because that is one of the things very enjoyable about this story. It really is a guessing game as to what is going on. Who is stalking who, or sometimes several people doing something crazy.

I found this confusing at times, but once I knew what was going on some of that is part of the plot. You are supposed to be guessing and confused. I just wasn't all that invested in the story or the characters. They were all a tad weird for me. I did like it, just don't love it. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.