It's the End of the World but everything's fine!

Death (The Four Horsemen, #4)Death by Laura Thalassa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's the last horseman of the Apocalypse. Death rides on a pale horse and he has come to end humanity.
If you've been reading along with this series you probably think you know how this final book in Laura Thalassa's Horsemen series is going to go, but you could not be more (pleasantly) wrong!
Once again Laura Thalassa takes us readers on an emotional journey through an apocalyptic landscape and nothing that we've come to expect is the same. Each chapter is a new experience, each character dynamic is different and refreshing! Old friends from the previous three books will join forces to help our heroine.
Lazarus is a heroine like none of the others in this series. That really struck me right out the gate and I was never disappointed in her! This a woman that does not give up, and does not give in. If you thought the women in this series had their work cut out for them you have seen nothing yet! Laz has greater fortitude than I, as the reader, did because Death a.k.a Thanatos is the most swoon worthy of all the horseman we've been introduced to so far!
I knew I was going to lose my heart to this fictional horseman long before I read his book and then I read Famine and I didn't think it was possible to out do the Reaper's snarky, sassy, petty, sexiness. Then Thanatos literally swooped in and said "hold my staff". I have an ENTIRE file of just highlighted lines that I've dubbed "Death Notes". That's how insanely quotable this horseman is! I'm here to tell you all it's a good thing the fate of the world doesn't rest in my hands because you would all be dead. I'd have given in at the first swoon worthy speech. At the first one!! The minute he would have called me by that nickname I'd've have been "humanity who?" and this is why we get the heroine that we do! Lazarus HAD to be different from all the rest. She had to be stronger of character and stronger of will.
This final book put me through the emotional wringer. I was experiencing everything from laugh out loud moments between four horseman banter, moments between Death and Lazarus, intense sorrow, anger, grief, and profound moments of insight. Laura is such an emotional storyteller it's impossible to read this final book and not FEEL all the FEELS! That emotional wringer is worth it for what this reader thinks is one of the most superb endings to a series she's ever read. It's often difficult to get to the end of a series. As a reader there's an expectation that isn't always met. It's so immensely satisfying to experience the end of a series that wraps up as wonderfully as this one does.
This might be the last book in this epic series but as Death tells Lazuras "Death is not the end, it's a new beginning." If this final book is any indication of what we readers can expect in the future, then I can't wait to see what new beginnings Laura Thalassa brings us readers in the years to come!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black