Not That I Could Tell by Jessica Strawser

Thank you to Netgalley and St.Martin's Press for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Izzy wakes up morning a few days after the girl's night at her neighbors house, to see the soon to be ex husband of Kristin pacing in their driveway. Feeling concerned Izzy makes her way over only to find out that Kristin and the twins are gone, and no one knows why.

Clara is shocked when the police show up asking about Kristin the last time she saw her. Soon the women are overwhelmed with the realization that they are the last ones to see her and on top of it all they really didn't seem to know her. Soon Clara begins to suspect that all wasn't right in the household.

Meanwhile Izzy is struggling with her feelings towards in her brother in law, her feelings of being an outsider in her own family. She doesn't realize that Paul is suddenly becoming more than the neighbor, which isn't necessarily a good thing because he is getting a divorce and his wife is missing.

As all of the women try to come to terms with their own pasts and their missing friend, one of them will be caught in a situation that might not end well. Will they be able to see what is in front of them before it is too late?

I love this book, I was expecting a thriller, but this was deeper and more thoughtful. It packed a punch with the twist that is for sure, but I was so happy with that twist. I love Izzy and I was so happy for everything she realized during the course of the book. I mean seriously I really want those women as my friends. Clara rocks, and Natalie and the I am more than a little jealous of these fictional friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4