Echoes by Alice Reed

Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Teen for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Fiona and Miles have been picked to be interns for and they are on the their way to Germany. However, once they arrive they find that things aren't quite what they seem. First, they have only one room and one bed, and when Fiona tries to find another room she learns that they hotel doesn't know who booked the room.

To top it off she received a voicemail from Joe telling her to trust no one. But things go from bad to worse when she wakes up and realizes that they survived a plane crash and appear to be on a deserted island. Told between the events leading up to the plane crash and their survival on the island. We slowly begin to learn about how Fiona and Miles ended up there.

So I know that is vague, but this is one of the cases where telling too much can really ruin the story. But, I want to get my complaint out of the way. It seemed really interesting and like the author was going to unveil everything, but then it took a turn went vague and kind of confusing. Plus it ended like a first book, but I don't see anything saying there is going to be more than one book.  So those factors make me want to rate this lower.

However, I will leave it higher because the writing was fantastic, the plot original, and lastly because I am hoping there is at least a sequel that clears it all up. If the sequel doesn't happen I may change my rating. I loved Fiona, and I like how she really gets to know Miles despite the fact that they haven't been friends this whole time.

I like the evolution of their relationship, and both of them are amazing characters that are totally likable. I really wish the ending wasn't as messy as I felt it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black