The Lies We Told by Camilla Way

Thank you to Netgalley and Berkley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Clara isn't worried too much when Luke fails to come home one night, but after he misses a major interview and no one can find him she knows that something is wrong. Everyone else though thinks that maybe he just took off, but that isn't the Luke she knows. So Clara begins to work with Mac in order to uncover Luke's past and find out what is really going on.

The deeper Clara digs the more uncomfortable she becomes, and she really wonders who she can trust. It seems like someone is one step ahead of her, and when the police find proof that Luke disappeared she knows that she is in a race against time. Especially in light of all the emails and harassment Luke has been enduring for months.

Will Clara uncover the mystery behind Luke's disappearance? Will she also find the truth about what happened to his sister all those years ago? Can Clara trust anyone?

I was hooked the moment I started reading. It alternates between Clara in the present and Beth in the past. Slowly we begin to learn about Hannah, but it takes awhile before we realize exactly how she fits in the situation. I was kind of frustrated about the end, for reasons I won't spoil, but it doesn't take away from my love of the story.

I will say that I loved Clara and she was the only person in the story that was remotely likable. It was heartbreaking to see her go through all that she did. However, she handled things better than I ever would that is for sure. This is my second book this author, and I for one can't wait to see what else she brings us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4