For the Best by Vanessa Lillie

 

 
 
Thank you to Netgalley and Thoma & Mercer for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.
 
 Jules wakes up in the morning with her knees scrapped and half of the night she can't remember. What happened, it was supposed to be a great night for the POE Foundation, and Jules is ready to be a success and redeem her father. However, when the police show up to ask questions she knows that she is just like her father.

Soon she finds out that her wallet was found next to the body of a dead man. She can't believe that she would ever hurt Terrance and begins a quest to find out what happened no matter the cost. Along the way Jules begins to lose everything from her job and her reputation... will she lose her freedom too? She is the only suspect in Terrance's murder...

I am leaving this vague because spoilers and also this is a story that deserves for you to read it and let it unfold as it happens. It is wonderfully done, I find Jules annoying at times, but she doesn't experience a lot of character growth. This isn't what I would consider a thriller several major hints are given and it isn't a big leap to guess what happens. It works and it works well I could not stop reading this. I had to know what was going to happen and I couldn't figure out what or who I was pulling for or what I even wanted to happen in this story. 

This is my second book by this author and she is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.