December End of the Year Catch Up

O.k. Folks it's true things got busy at my paying job and I haven't had as much time to blog as I'd like. So this morning I'm catching myself and you all up on the latest reads and what's up on the blogosphere.

First Epic Reads hosted their annual Shimmy Awards. I voted for my favorites and I hope those of you that read and visit Epic Reads voted for your favorites as well. I was pleased with my favorite authors and less than pleased with some of the winners but hey that's how life goes. To check out the winners and runners up just follow this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChEeym5kXM

Secondly a recap of my November reading list. I finished the Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Braken. It was awesome! There is this thing that happens with a book series where the final book usually ends up sucking because the author or editors or who ever doesn't quite run with the ball. It's tragic and sad and happens all too often in fiction. That being said this trilogy will not let you the, reader, down. The first book all the way through to the last book was great. It ended with a sweet note of hope which is what we all want in the end of a dystopian novel anyway right!! I give this trilogy two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Third for the new Independent Author of November I present to you S.L. Morgan and her new series Ancient Guardians. There are currently two books out in this series right now and each one is packed full of action, adventure, nail biting suspense, and just enough aww moments to make it all worth while.

As you can see the cover is beautiful but more than that S.L. Morgan weaves the impossible with the classical. If you are a fan of Jane Austin and you love the fantastical worlds of sci-fi and paranormal you're going to LOVE this!! As I said before there are two books in the series right now and Ms. Morgan we are anxiously awaiting the release of the third book in this series. 

Finally and without further ado my reading list for the December break:

The Luxe books from my November reading list. I need to read those.

Still waiting my turn to check out Snow Like Ashes and The Young Elites.

Currently Reading: Ever Shade by I.A. Author Alexia Purdy.

New Releases for December: The Queen by Kiera Cass

If you have an Independent Author you'd like me to read and review please post them in the comments below and I'd be happy to add them to next years list.

Have a Happy Holidays and happy Reading.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.