Jumping through Libraries, umm Yes please

Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake
Published: January 5, 2016
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with an e-arc. 

I have to say ever since I saw the cover I was totally dying to read this, and yes library jumper novel only amped my excitement up. Gia and her friends find out about magic by complete accident. Gia says a phrase and they end up in another library having traveled through the book. Once there something attacks them and they see other teens jump in through books, only then do that find out that Gia is a really a Sentinel and there is a whole other world out there filled with witches, warriors, wizards and Fey.

Gia finds out that she was hidden by her mother because she is the fulfillment of a prophesy... will she destroy her new world or save it?

I would say more, but some things are just meant to be read!

Now what I love about this book, Gia is a pretty kick ass main character, she is strong, determined and loves books! Did I mention that I adore the library jumping, I mean all you have to do is say this phrase and picture which library and off you go to any library in the whole world transported by books. I really love that aspect, I think it is exciting and new.

The love triangle but not triangle is a bit old. Plus I think I just like to rout for the underdog because I like to punish myself. Not that I necessarily liked Bastien better than Aarik. Although I will say I feel like I got to know Bastien a bit more than Aarik. But the formal can be great sometimes it's one of things a bit over done. Plus the relationship itself seemed to just appear without really getting me invested. However, that being said it was a great book.

I really can't wait to read book 2, I think this series is only going to get better with each book!

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4