My Favorite series from 2015

Hmm My favorite series from 2015, there are several....


1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas... What can I say I started this series shortly before book 3 Heir of Fire came out, and I was hooked instanly... I was a huge Dorian and Celaena fan, and then I kind of got on board with Chaol but by the third book I was so hoping that he would just be gone and then Rowan came in and boom I was for Aelin and Rowan all the way, and if you don't understand why I switched from calling her Celaena to Aelin then you must read these books. I have raved about these to everyone. I have gotten friends to read them. Best fantasy in a long time, if book 1 wasn't necessarily your thing give it another chance because oh my does the series just keep getting better and better....

2. A Court of Thorns and Ashes by Sarah J. Mass : Because it is Sarah J. Maas... I mean really faeries, curses and masks. Hot guys and one bad ass heroine. I love all things Fairy, but I will admit that after reading too many less than it was swiftly becoming like Vampires for me, as in I don't really want to read them anymore. This book though I devoured it in one sitting and I am anxiously awaiting book 2!

3. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch.... Ice like Fire came out last October and it was a burning sequel to book 1. One of the things that I loved about book 1 was the hope that was infused in the book. When an author can make you feel the emotion she is trying to convey you have an amazing author and amazing story. I fully admit to being more than a little heartbroken after finishing Ice like fire.

4. Red Rising by Pierce Brown What can i say about this series, brutal, heartbreaking, raw and powerful. Red Rising had me on the edge of my seat, Golden son ripped out my heart, threw it on the floor and stomped on it. I can't wait to see what Morning Star will do to me. If you haven't read these, read them, Pierce Brown makes you love science fiction again, he makes you hope, love and cry...

5. Zodiac by Romina Russell  Another science fiction book that had me on the edge of my seat! Such a lovely and different concept almost gave me Battlestar Galactica vibes in a good way.  I have Wandering Star and I am looking for to re-reading Zodiac and then reading Wandering Star!

6.The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins This series is twisted and brutal and full of major feels! I loved them from the first sentence in book 1 until the last sentence of book 2.

7. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepard, These books I admit I was a little leary of reading but she brings together some classic horror books in a vivid retelling that is amazing. Book 1 is a retelling of The Island of Doctor Moreau, book 2 is Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde and Book 3 is Frankenstein but they are a cohesive series and the all fit together, it isn't different characters in each one.

8.In the Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, I discovered this book in 2015 even though it was book 3 that actually came out last year, I devoured them, I mean a Jack the ripper, ghosts and kick ass girl. I was hooked and loved every freaking minute of it. This was one of my all time favorite series of last year.

9. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner... I listened to the first book and I was so in love with it that I immediately recommended my sixteen year old check it out. I admit I haven't read book 2 or 3 which came out last year, but I am going to because I own book 1 and 2 and in honesty will probably buy book 3. This was a good year for science fiction for me!

10. Talon by Julie Kagawa..... I fully admit that I love and adore everything that she writes. I started with her Iron Fey series and quickly devoured that, moved on the Forever Song and destroyed that and when I saw that she was doing dragons I bought Talon as a pre-order and never regretted it.  I am dying for Soldier which will come out this year and see how she ends this series.

I clearly had quite a few series that I adored last year, and I feel like I probably skipped some that deserved mentioning. But these are the series I have raved about to people, I have read the books more than once and will read them more in the future. I am sad that a few are complete and over with but still worried and excited for the few that are still on going.  I hope that you try out one or more of these series, by far they aren't the only great ones to start or continue or end in 2015 but I feel like these were all epic in their own way. Full of feels and heartbreak, and hope these series are why I read. They take me to another place and that is why we all read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.