Nothing like a thriller to get your heart racing on a cold wintery day!

A Cure For Madness by Jodi Mcissac

Thank you to netgalley for the copy of the E-Arc.

Where to start, I mean right from the very beginning this book seems to just jump right into the fray. Peggy always thought her son Wes would be the one to kill her, but what happens to her and her husband isn't what they thought would happen at all. When Claire gets the call about her parents murder, she hurries home to Maine, in order to help get things straight and to get her brother Wes out of the hospital. He has schizophrenia and has been hospitalized for years.

Not long after her arrival she finds out that something strange is happening in her home. Perfectly normal people are becoming violent, and it almost appears to be some kind of infectious disease.  As more and more information comes to light and the CDC appears to need Wes, will Claire be able to do right by her brother and help figure out what is going on?

I must admit that this was a total cover pick and title, I requested this right away because I was just drawn in by the cover. When I started reading it, I new by the end of of the prologue that this book had me! I read it from start to finish in one setting. Could not put it down. In fact I am mildly disappointed in the ending as in the fact that it ended.

I wanted more, like a series or a longer book. I really felt like this book and the story could really benefit from a trilogy or a much longer book! I have things I still want to know... okay but seriously I like Claire, she struggled to do the right thing through the majority of the book. She struggled to figure out what that right thing was and when she committed, she committed. A Cure for Madness is a total thriller, it made me think of that move The Crazies... in a very good way!

I do admit that I started to figure some things out before the author unveiled them, but it didn't make me dislike the story. I just had to know and to keep reading. So if you are looking for a great thriller and easy read look no further. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.