A review of A hold on Me by Pat Esden

A Hold On Me by Pat Esden

Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this arc in exchange for a fair review!

I don't even know where to start with this! I don't know what I expected, some romance with some thrills, but this was so much more! I liked the cover and I read the synopsis and thought okay this will give me a bit of love and all the darkness I just have to have! I didn't expect a few things, and I am still deciding if it would spoiler to review some of that!

Annie (Stephanie) is a buyer of antiques and artifacts, and she is with her father when they make a purchase that seems innocent enough. Until her dad begins to change, and Annie desperately covers for him until a mistake with an antique poison ring alerts her father's lawyer that something is wrong. After she loses a battle with her Aunt and Grandfather over guardianship of her father, Annie returns to the home, her father fled from many years ago.

Immediately things begin to change, and as Annie notices symbols for witchcraft and pre-Arabiac language on artifacts, she starts to wonder what is really going on with her father.

I don't want to give away too much, so I am going to stop there and start raving about this book. In the beginning I really didn't know where this book was heading, and I won't lie I thought it was a standalone. Let me disabuse that notion right there it is beginning of a series or at the very least a two books. I love Annie, she is smart, funny and really open minded! I love her family too, it was really hard to love them in the beginning of the book, but by the end I was so invested in all of them!

Whew and Chase...there is just a touch of romance in this book and it is smoking hot when it is there. And the paranormal edge just totally shocked me in a great way! I was on the edge of my seat! I read the entire book in one sitting I had to know what was going on and what would happened. More than halfway through I was scared at the thought of it ending, and when I realized there would be a book 2 I was so happy I almost did a dance! I was not ready to let go of Annie and Chase, and well really any of them! This book was so good, I have to have my own copy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.