A little too cute for me.

Holding Court by k.c. Held

Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this arc in each for a fair review.

I thought the premise was cute, and the book was cute. Probably just a tad too cute for me. Jules was interesting main character especially her blurting out psychic predictions with zero control. But for a psychic sometimes she seemed to have no idea what was going on.

The love interest is in a weird quasi relationship with another friend who is.... well I won't spoil that.  This particular story wasn't for me, but that being said I loved the King Arthur theme going on, and the costumes. There were a lot of cool things going on in the book, but the author blended just a few too many ideas.  At it's core this book was light-hearted and fun, but it tries to throw in some dark elements and it was just not needed. It wasn't believable and this is probably why I had such a hard time really getting into this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.