Review: I Hate H3roes:

I Hate H3roes: I Hate H3roes: by L. Bryant IV
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I put this graphic book in my rotation on the request of one of my co-workers who complained that my book review blog never had any type of comics, graphic novels, or manga on it. This review is for you Jaz and any of my other fellow anime, comic book, graphic novel geeks (yes I'm one too it's my dirty little secret).

Let me first start off by saying that though I do have a vast appreciation for the amount of work that goes into creating one of these pieces of literature I have never reviewed one. I have read them and I have enjoyed them immensely but I've never put pen to paper and written a review. I find that there are two parts to reviewing a piece of work such as this. You have to review the story and also review the artwork. I felt the story in this piece was somewhat lacking. The author simply gave too much away in the beginning and the story line didn't flow with any sense of cohesiveness. I loved the artwork the visual aspect of the piece was dead on. It was raw and visceral like a visual punch to the face. I have to say that the artist really carried this work and more often than not I found myself just focusing on the art in each panel and less and less on the actual words.

I have read my fair share of Manga, Comic Books, and Graphic Novels so though I've never actually reviewed one before I do know what to expect as a reader of this particular genre and sadly this one fell short.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.