Sorry It's been awhile... but I am back!

Defender by Graham McNamee


Thank you to NetGalley for providing me a copy of the eArc in exchange for a fair review...

This is one of the books I freely admit I didn't know too much about, people weren't talking I wasn't seeing it all over the other bloggers blogs, or tweets. But it seemed interesting when I looked at the synopsis..
                They call her Tiny, but Tyne Greer is six foot six, a high school basketball star who is hoping the game will be her ticket out of the slum. She lives in a run-down building called The Zoo, where her father is the superintendent. One day she discovers a crack in the wall of an abandoned basement room. And sealed up in the wall is a girl’s body. Horrified, she runs to get her dad. But after he goes to take a look, he comes back and tells Tyne that nothing’s there. No girl. No body. He tells her she must be seeing things in the dark.

Tyne is sure it was real, though, and when she finds evidence that the body was moved from the hole in the wall, she knows the only one who could have done it is her father. But why? What is he hiding?

Tyne’s search for answers uncovers a conspiracy of secrets and lies in her family. The closer she gets to the truth, the more dangerous it becomes for her. Because some will do anything to bury the past . . . and keep her silent.


Tyne discovers a body down in the basement of her building, and when she tells her father about it, he goes down and then later tells her there is nothing there. When she later finds a finger, she knows that she wasn't hallucinating about finding the body. She then tells Stick (her boyfriend) about what she found. They begin to investigate who she is and who could have possibly put her down there.

They were also convinced she was murder once they find proof that her father moved the girl's body. But the mystery doesn't end there, it is only just beginning.

I can't say too much more without spoiling it, this is a pretty good mystery. I really didn't guess what actually happened. It wasn't as dark or edgy as some of the other thrillers I have read. I did enjoy it and it was such a quick easy read. Maybe the lack of darkness is what is throwing me off. Really I enjoyed this, but I think for me personally what makes me love a mystery or thriller is that it is dark, twisty and keeps me on the edge.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.