New Author Spotlight!! Caitlin Esther

Just in time for your weekend reading we have a new YA author for you all to check out. Her new book Oasis in the Clouds.
If you think the cover is awesome wait till you read the book. The main character Niri wakes up in a beautiful garden with no memory of who she is or how she got there she believes she's going to spend the rest of her life alone in this beautiful paradise..but come on!!! This is YA fiction you and I both know that's not gonna happen. 

Once of Niri's friends from the life she can't remember finds her and brings her out of the garden where she discovers that a powerful Wicca stole her memories. Now Niri has to fight to regain what was taken from her and save the kingdom. 

This is an action packed, fast paced read and it's the first book in what will be a series so no spoilers but don't expect everything to be wrapped up by the end of the book. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I want to thank C. Esther for thinking of us when she reached out for a book review. The characters are so well developed you'll swear you can still hear them talking long after you finish the last page. Niri's journey through this first book is daunting and you'll find yourself cheering out loud and gasping in dismay as she discovers the powers that she didn't know she had. C. Esther doesn't skimp on the secondary characters either which sets her up in my humble opinion as a great story teller. Truly I can't decide which of the characters I like best and that almost never happens to me. As a lifelong reader I'm usually pretty set by the end of the first book on who I'm going to like and who I'm not but C. Esther makes it soo hard to pick a favorite that I find I just like them all. Also dragons!!! I have always been obsessed with dragons since I was a little girl I even have a collection of them from all over the world so how awesome was it that one of the secondary characters is a dragon! His name is Arach and he's the one that comes to warn Niri of impending danger. He is AWESOME!

If you have been a long time reader of our book review blog then you know that between the two of us I'm the one that LOVES the villians. A good villian is essential to a story like this and because I'm such a fan of the bad guy I'm also extremely picky about my ratings of them. I am beyond pleased to announce that you will love to hate the villain in this story. The Wicca Melody is delightfully wicked. She is so awful that you'll find yourself going mafia on this chick:
Oasis in the Clouds is a quick, fast read with loads of intrigue, dragons, fairies, a kingdom in turmoil and of course a heroine. You can pick it up at any of these fine online retailers and slip into another dimension this weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.