Review of Since She Went Away by David Bell

Since She Went Away by David Bell

Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of the eArc.


Three months ago Jenna was 15 minutes late to meet her best friend Celia in the meeting place of their teenage years. Celia disappeared that night and hasn't been seen since. Jenna has been beating herself up because she was late, we soon find out that she was late because she caught her son with a bottle of alcohol, but she lied to the police about that. Jared her son is involved with a mysterious young girl named Tabitha.

As the mystery deepens and another young woman disappears and found days later dead, everyone begins to wonder what really happened to Celia and if she is connected to all the other things going on. When Tabitha disappears with her creepy dad shortly after breaking up with Jared. Things begin to get strange!

I have to say I really didn't know what to expect with this book, and I was totally sucked in from the first page. As I read I was hooked even more on all the different connections and the multiple mysteries, who took Holly, why was Celia's other earring found 3 months after the fact, who was Tabitha and her father. 

As it all began to unfold I won't say I was completely shocked by everything, but I will say I didn't see the ending coming until literally the end! I thought this was a great example of how you can know people but not really know them. How horrifying simple some explanations of why or how bad things happen. It had moments of having too much going on, but I did love how the author tied them all together and really had it all make sense! If you looking for a dark thriller than look no further! This will be a great late night read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.