Review: Into the Darkness

Into the Darkness Into the Darkness by Nora Ash
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Do not read this book if you have issues with grammar and sentence structure. If you have issues with England's English and slang this book is not for you. I don't normally have an issue with that sort of thing..yes it's irritating but it's manageable however; in this particular book I was getting whiplash between the two opposing cultures. Simply put it was a story written by an English woman about an American. That or she's an American writing a story about a Brit in America. I couldn't figure it out and it was sooo confusing. Amazon apparently decided to throw me into the cultural vortex that is Britain vs America and I have to say I believe I was the loser in this one. The story is almost non existent instead the author jumps straight into sex. That in an of itself is disappointing as the bare bones of a good story idea was actually there. Unrealized potential is perhaps the worst thing that can happen to a story and a reader. I really wish the author would have taken a bit more time to fully flesh out the back story, the world building, and the mystery between the characters. I'm ok with sex in literature but it can't ALL be sex with no story to support it. Sorry Amazon this week your suggested read gets one star from this reader.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.