Review of These Dark Wings by John Owen Theobald

These Dark Wings by John Own Theobald,


Thank you to Netgalley for a couple of this eArc for review..


Anna is sent to live in the tower with her uncle after her mother dies during a bombing! Once there Anna begins to learn the old tales, that as long as there are ravens in the tower England will stand, but should they all be gone, then the country will fall. Soon after she arrives, the Ravens starting disappearing or dying, and Anna can't quite figure out what is going on. Will she be able to say Grip and find Mabel or will London fall in 1940 because the ravens have all gone.

I will say I am tad disappointed, I think I was expecting a fantasy, and that wasn't what it is. More historical fiction, now that being said I did enjoy the book. It was interesting to see what was going on in 1940, when England was not doing so well in the war.

To realize that many people thought England would be invaded, and that they were poised to lose everything. It's heartbreaking and fascinating, plus the real mystery would be Anna's parents, and who her father really is and what actually happened to her mother. One of which was sort of answered while leaving you with a massive cliffhanger. The other not so much.

I am interested to see exactly where this story is going and what the deeper storyline will be. I won't say that I am giving up hope that there will be some magical aspects with the ravens down the line.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.