Beautiful Maids All in a Row by Jennifer Harlow

Beautiful Maids All In A Row by Jennifer Harlow

Thank you to New in Books for a copy of the eArc in exchange for a fair review.

This is the beginning of a new series for Jennifer Harlow introducing Iris Ballard. Iris used to be Behavioral Analyst for the FBI until a brutal attack left her husband dead and Iris dying. Fast forward several years, and Iris is still living in North Carolina, if what you call what she is doing living. She teaches at the local college and isn't happy about it. In fact she gets placed on suspension just before her hottie ex-partner shows to ask her for help.

Initially Iris isn't that interested in helping. She still has nightmares and panic attacks and really isn't functioning all that well, but when she looks at the files and sees the pictures she knows that she can't resist especially since she knew the most recent victim. So she joins Luke on the hunt for serial killer dubbed "the Woodsmen" and when the latest victim is taken, it becomes a all out frenzy to catch him before he kills again.

Whew let me just say that Iris is a hot mess, and I loved every stinking minute of her, from her foul mouth to snarky quips she is just what I like in crime solver. The mystery was interesting, but here I will divulge my only real complaint normally most authors wait until the end to point out who did it, but you find out almost at the midway point. So it kind of felt like a bit of a let down. However, having said that I will say by the time I finished the book I understand that it was pivotal to the plot that the author reveal when she did so that she could tie it all together like she did.

So kudos for keeping me hooked, I could not stop reading this. At all I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.