Review of Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley

Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley

Thank you to Simon and Schuster and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Maia has recently discovered that she is an Effigy, in fact, the Fire Effigy, which to her is just about the worst thing possible. Since her whole family died in a fire just over a year ago. She is Natalya's replacement. Once Belle and Rhys find her they are on a mission to find the other Effigies so that they can fight against the phantoms and figure out who Saul is.

Maia is really struggling to figure out her powers and for most the book really it doesn't happen. However, when she first meets Saul she discovers that the Effigies can tap into memories of previous Effigies. Saul is really concerned with talking to Marian. Maia soon discovers that Natalya's mysterious death is wrapped up in the mystery of a Saul. She is in a race against time to discover Natalya's clues and figure out what it all means. Will she lose herself in the process? Will she be able to overcome her fear of fire in order to be the hero she desperately wants to be?

I will say my epub was missing the first couple pages of every chapter so the fact that I loved this story despite all my missing information should tell you how good it is. I am going to get my hands on this book so I can read it again because I am positive that my feeling will only rise once I can read it all.

I loved Maia, she had very real fears, she was afraid, she was brave, and so many other things. She really brought the four other Effigies together and in such way that made them all stronger. Belle was a major pain, but really authentic. I loved Chae Rin and Lake though once Maia got through to them, I loved how they supported and helped her the whole way through.

I am really looking forward to what Book 2 will bring! I know a lot of people are saying Pacific Rim and Sailer Moon vibes, well I haven't seen Sailer Moon so I can't compare. I have seen Pacific Rim and I do get that comparison. It actually made me think of The Reckoners series. Just the same vibe I felt when I read both books. So hurry up and read this!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.