Review of Touching Fate by Brenda Drake

Touching Fate by Brenda Drake

Thank you to Entangled Teen and NetGalley for a copy of the eArc in exchange for a fair review!

I receive these lovely emails from Entangled and from there I can request to review books from them. They had Cursing Fate on the list, and I wanted too, but I hadn't read the first book, but then I saw that they were offering copies of Touching Fate so that you could read and review both books for Entangled. So I jumped on that chance as Touching Fate has been on TBR since January of this year. If that seems like a long time, don't worry I have books on there from two years ago!

Aster is grounded in the physical world, she looks to science to solve things she doesn't understand. Until one day she touches some tarot cards and is literally shocked. She also ends up with a strange mark on the inside of her wrist. Reece is cursed-boy from Europe and he is in America spending his last few months with his friends when he witnesses what happens to Aster.

He immediately realizes she is a fate changer and she can change his fate so that he doesn't die. He intends to make her fall in love with him and uses Miri the tarot card reading to help train Aster so that she can indeed change his fate.  As his relationship progresses, Reece realizes he might be the one in danger of being in love. Will he be able to tell her the truth? Will the relationship survive?

This was a super cute fast paced read. I was able to finish it all in one setting. I am not really sure how I felt about the main characters initially. Both of them were a tad flawed, however, I loved how Reece grew throughout the book. Also, I loved how Aster dealt with everything once she realized the true cost behind fate-changing.

Overall despite the heavy subjects at times, this was a fun light-hearted book. I am really looking forward to seeing what Cursing Fate brings to the plate! I will be reviewing that one here as well, so check back later in the month for that review! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.