Review of City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson

City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson

I won a copy of this book through Goodreads. Thanks to G.P. Putnam's Son for the copy.

Tina is a ghost she doesn't exist because if you exist you might get caught. Tina is thief and working with the Goonda's in Sanguai's City, she has been with them since the death of her mother five years before.  She has goals dirt, money and blood in that order. Revenge on the man who murdered her mother.

When the Goonda's use her to break into the Greyhill compound which is the first step Dirt, she is getting the dirt on Roland Greyhill and bonus he is the man who murdered her mother. But before she can finish stealing the information she is caught by his son.

When Michael makes a deal with her to find out who really murdered her mother in exchange for the information she stole from his father, Tina's too intrigued not to take the deal. She ropes her friend Boyboy into the situation and they are off and running. Before long the trail following Mikwa leads to the one place Tina never expected the Congo. They make the trip to return to her home in order to find out who could have wanted her mother dead.

 I really enjoyed the book, I admit my knowledge of Africa and the things that are going on in those countries is very limited, so this was very eye opening for me. Tina came to Kenya with her mother as refugees from Congo. Once Tina starts digging she finds that her mother lied or omitted many parts of her story from Tina. And the truth is brutal, her mother really worked hard to protect Tina.

I don't think the mystery was that mysterious, it was still a great story and very compelling. I found myself sucked in and on the edge of my seat to see what would happen and how it all it would end.  I can't wait to see what this author does next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.