Review of The Castaways by Jessika Fleck

The Castaways by Jessika Fleck

Thank you to Entangled Teen and Netgalley for a copy of this eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Olive's life is pretty miserable mostly due to her name. Which has led her to be tormented for six years by the trio. Olive makes plans to try and get back at them by meeting her friend at the Castaway Carnival. However, when her friend is late she is chased into the maze by one of the trio. As she is running away she finds a tunnel and hurries through it.

But she isn't in the maze when she comes out the other side. She is on an island. Will and Jude find Olive before too long. They explain that they have been there for years.  They are also at war with the other faction. The Panthers, led by Duke.

Olive has no clue what is going on and how they can get home. As she makes friends and tries to stay alive she will have to figure out it for them all.

I don't know what I expected when I started reading this, but it was sort of light-hearted take on some heavy subjects. Olive was bullied, Tilly was running from bombs in war-torn London, Will is a well I can't quite reveal that. Spoiler, but in essence, everyone that ended up on that island was running from something when they went through a window and ended up there. 

I want to say so much more on the subject but ahh spoilers suffice to say that my absolute favorite part of the book explains everything, therefore I can't discuss it. But when you read it and you get there you will know what I mean. I devoured this book in one sitting. I couldn't stop reading it was fun, serious and I loved it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.