Interview with Sara Wolf

I interviewed Sara Wolf, I reviewed two of her books on the blog! She was so nice!

Did you always want to be a writer? Ever since I turned twelve and discovered the magic of fanfiction, I've wanted to be a writer! Although, I think I wanted to be a vet sometime when I was very little.

What inspires your writing? Other books, of course! I love reading, and seeing other writers write so much better than me always inspires me to do better in writing my own books.

What was the hardest part writing “Remember me Forever”? The hardest part was writing all the scenes where Isis falls into a hole of partying, drinking, etc. She was obviously doing it because she was in pain, and it hurt my heart so bad for her. I just wanted to scoop her up and put her in a blanket. 

What is your favorite thing about writing “Remember me Forever"? My FAVORITE thing was FINALLY getting to write a bunch of fluffy/sweet scenes with Jack and Isis cuddling, kissing, etc. They've had such a rough time, it felt great to see them together and happy, you know?

Do you have any habits while writing? For example: a specific snack food you have to have or maybe music playing in the background. I absolutely can't live without Potato Snack, which are these Korean potato chips, but long like french fries? It's hard to explain, but I love them more than life itself.

What is your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing? I love to relax by playing video games! I stream games too on Twitch.tv, sometimes (my niece showed me how to do it), and it's so much fun to play knowing people are watching! My friends/family likes to poke their head in and say hi in the chat every so often.

What or Who were your biggest inspirations for the characters in "Remember me Forever"? The new characters Isis meets were definitely inspired by my own friends, Diana and Yvette in particular. I love them so much. They were incredibly fun to write, and I hope I did my lovely friends justice.

What is your next project? My next book that's going to be published with Entangled is a YA/Fantasy called BRING ME THEIR HEARTS. It's about a girl with no heart who has to steal a prince's heart. I also have another YA/Contemporary called BURN BEFORE READING, which is a story about a girl who meets three brothers, and falls in love with one. 

What do you think is the most special thing about this world you have created? Isis is undoubtedly the most special thing about the world I've created. I love her spunk, her sass, the meaning behind her name (Egyptian goddess of love who protected the weak!), everything. Everything about her was just so special, and I'm so glad to see she's touched a lot of people's hearts the same way she did mine.

What is the one thing you want readers to walk away from "Remember me Forever"? That you are never too damaged/broken/unworthy of love. You are always worthy of love, the sort of love that makes you feel worthy, instead of insecure or scared or unworthy.

Is this the last book, and if so how do you feel about that? This is the last book! I'm very sad to see all these lovely characters go, Jack and Isis especially. But I feel like I gave them a happy ending that they can live their lives out in well.

 If could describe your book in five words, what five would you use? Oh this is six, but it's so good! Love meets hate. Ice meets fire.

Thank you to the lovely Sara Wolf for taking the time to be interviewed! I am excited about your new projects!!! They sound fantastic. Meanwhile, Remember me Forever is the last book in the trilogy. Love Me Never is book one!!! Go check them out now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.