Review of Cold Summer by Gwen Cole

Cold Summer by Gwen Cole


Thank you to Sky Pony Press for sending me a copy of the book in exchange for a fair review...

I don't even know where to begin I literally just finished this book and I couldn't stop reading it... So let's start at the beginning Kale has a secret, he time travels. For the last six months, he has only been going to one place WW II. He hasn't been the same since this starting happening. He has PTSD and is growing more and more withdrawn from his regular life and the people in it.

Harper has known Kale almost all her life, but it has been a few years since she has seen him. She moved in with her Uncle Jasper and is ready to pick up her friendship with Kale. She knows that he leaves, but she made a promise many years ago to never ask so long as he promises to always come back.

As soon as she sees Kale for the first time, she knows that something is different and she is torn by the promise she made and finding a way to help Kale. As Kale's home continues to fall apart and his friendship with Harper starts to become something more, he will have to face the truth and make a decision.

Like I want to say so much more about the plot because I feel like I over simplified it, but you know how I feel about spoilers. But I loved Harper and Kale, I love how she helped him figure out things and how she gave him roots to come back too.  Their love story and how she deals with him disappearing and just trusting and believing him is something we can all aspire to have in our relationships.

I will also admit that the book darn near had me in tears several times, I was on the edge of my seat at the end. I didn't know how it was going to end or what the purpose was, but I was nervous. Suffice to say that I loved every minute of this book, it was such a unique and simple explanation of time travel. Kale was a wonderful main character and Harper just made everything better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.