Review of The Girl Who Wouldn't Die by Randapp Platt

The Girl Who Wouldn't Die by Randall Platt

Thanks to Sky Pony Press for a copy of this finished book in exchange for a fair review.

Abra Goldstein is dead, well not really but she does have her own gravestone in the cemetery.  But don't call her Abra, just call her Arab and well don't call her a girl either. She knows from spending the last two years in Vienna that the Nazi's don't care for Jews or girls, and she plans to leave both behind and survive what is coming.

So she returns home to Warsaw and resumes her street life. She avoids the ghetto and soon meets a mother who is hiding out in the cigarette factory she used to own. Arab comes up with the plan to have her make cigarettes and Arab will sell them.

Arab carries on for more than a year with the scheme, making connections and friends even among the Nazi's, but soon she meets Otto and he changes everything. He dares her to think that she can save some of the Jewish children in Warsaw. As plans go well you know what they say....

I admit it took me a minute to get into this book, but once I was hooked I couldn't stop reading it. I love historical fiction and there are some great world war II ones out there. Both adult and YA, and this one was up there. I did wish that the author included more information about the basis for this book because I was intrigued to learn about the real story. I like learning and I love learning about lesser known stories of the Holocaust. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.