Review: Mace

Mace Mace by Claire Donovan
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I never thought I'd say this..but I couldn't finish this book because the content was so beyond twisted that it crossed the boundary into evil for me. I've read some seriously messed up stuff. Studying abnormal psychology for fun in college kind of messed up stuff and I couldn't finish this book. There's just something about incest even if only implied incest that makes me sick. I also didn't like the male character him being a pimp and the way he treated women including his step sister was just twisted and wrong. I couldn't buy him as a loving son when he treats women that way..I just no, that was too unbelievable for me. I found the female character to be weak, needy, and lacking in self-esteem ripe for her step brother to abuse. I'm not saying the book was poorly written just that I myself don't find any reading pleasure in those kinds of situations.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.