Review of Julia Defiant by Catherine Egan

Julia Defiant by Catherine Egan

Thanks to Netgalley and Knopf Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Julia and the gang are back, although there are some new characters and new location. Wyn is still on the outs with Julia, but he is hanging around. Julia is searching for Ko Dan in order to get the book out of Theo.

Unfortunately assassins are after them because they want Theo and Julia trying to keep ahead of them. Also there has been changes with her ability to vanish, now she seems to disappear completely and appear in a hellish world in which the creatures seem to recognize her.

What does this mean? Will she be able to find Ko Dan? Will she be able to save Theo?

I was a bit disappointed in this one, I don't know if it was the length of time between reading the first one and reading this one or just the change in location, but I couldn't connect with the characters this time around. I couldn't remember who half of them were to be honest. I really enjoyed the first one, but this didn't appeal to me as much.

It dragged on without too much happening and was kind of confusing at points. Sigh I wanted to love this as much as the first one, but Julia has some bad luck in the romance department, in fact I feel like the love interests could have just been left out. I did love her relationship with Theo. That was the highlight of the book, but I did get a bit of the mother vibe from that.

There is supposed to be a book 3 so I will be interested to see how she ties this all up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.