Review: We All Fall Down by Natalie D. Richards

We All Fall Down by Natalie D. Richards

Thank you to Sourcebooks Fire and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Theo and Paige are best friends on the verge of being something more when everything goes horribly wrong. One night when jealousy and issues tear them apart. Now four months later all they want to do is move on from that horrible night, but something keeps drawing them back to the bridge.

Theo is working with his uncle when he finds a lock on the bridge with his initials and Paige's initials on it, but that isn't the part that freaks him out. When he begins to hear conversations from that night he knows something isn't right.

Then he runs into Paige for the first time since that night, and she is freaked out because she found an earring that she was wearing that night. It was lost though so she has no idea how it has just appeared again. Soon they find that they will have to muster up the courage to face not just their issues, but face that night and their part in what happened.

I have read all of Natalie's books, and I usually love them. I didn't quite love this one I felt a little underwhelmed by it. I guess I was expecting a bit more, however, I did enjoy the themes of forgiveness and facing one's problems. Both Theo and Paige were deeply flawed characters with a host of different issues that they were both struggling to come to terms with and find a sense of what is normal for them.

I don't know if it was overdone, but I can imagine if you are facing several issues from ADHD to anxiety and other things a struggle to find a balance in the meds and your behavior is a pretty common occurrence as well as a struggle to fit in as a normal teenager. I liked Theo and Paige and I was totally rooting for them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.