Her Best Friend by Sarah Wray


Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.


Sylvie moved away not long after her best friend was found in the lake and her father died, but now her mother has died and she has to come home to sort things. Soon after she sees Judith, Victoria's mother and she is shocked to find out that Sylvie has had a baby and named her Victoria. Judith mentions that she is working with Sam to find out what happened to Victoria.

Soon Sylvie finds things spiraling out of control, and she feels like she is losing it. Her husband doesn't know where she is. She has run into another old mate Michelle, and is dodging Sam about the documentary. Sam is working to find out what happened to Victoria and soon finds out that she was walking alone that night. Plus she was supposed to meet up with her boyfriend.

As he digs deeper, Sylvie tries harder to avoid the past, and stop her fall into madness. She finally decides that she needs to head home, and answers Nathan's calls, but before she can get on the train. Victoria disappears, will Sylvie be able to find her before it is too late? Will the truth finally be revealed?

So much I want to say. Sylvie and Victoria were best friends, Victoria disappears one night and is found in the following days in the lake. No one has ever been able to find out who murdered Victoria and why. I devoured this book, but I will say I was little underwhelmed by the ending. Mostly the who done it, and how that played out. However, the cliffhanger drew me back in. Well it isn't quite a cliffhanger, you can mostly guess how that would all play out.

It was odd though, I found myself rooting for the wrong person even after everything was revealed. I just felt bad for that person. I was quite a bit happier with the ending though. That was what I wanted once the truth came out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.