Review: Haven by Mary Lindsey

Haven by Mary Lindsey

Thank you to Entangled Teen and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review. I also want to say Thank you to Entangled Teen for the surprise Haven box. It was amazing.

Rain has to move to New Wurzburg because his mother died and his Aunt Ruby is taking him in. Soon after he arrives there he meets Freddie and is immediately taken by her.  When she confesses to him that she believes her father was murder he is instantly drawn into her crazy world.

Which isn't at all what it seems and Freddie isn't what she seem. Soon Rain realizes that New Wurzburg is hiding all kinds of secrets, and when he finds out that his father was Ruby's husband. He realizes that even his family has secrets.

Can he keep Freddie alive while the unravel the mystery of her father's murder? Will his family secrets be the death of him?

I know that I was super vague but upon looking at the synopsis for the story I realized the author doesn't want to give away some things either, so I am following that and also we all know that I hate spoilers. I think it adds to the story to discover some things by reading them.

I don't often read too many stories from a male pov, not that this is deliberate it just happens that way, but I liked Rain. He was a street kid and is shocked to find out about the home his Aunt Ruby has, and that his mother hid things and even lied to him in some cases.

Freddie is just like my spirit person. She is amazing and I love her! This appears to be a standalone but it kind of ended like there is a possibility of other stories. It was left a tad unfinished in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.