It Should Have Been You By Lynn Slaughter

Thank you to Page Street Kids for a copy of the ARC in exchange for a fair review.

It should have been you Here is the link to preorder. Release date is 1/30

Clara is still reeling from the murder of her sister Moura it has been five months and a lot of suspicion due to the fact that she was in the house while her sister was murdered. But Clara knows she didn't kill her sister. She just wants to get back to normal, but it is so hard when her mom is losing her battle with grief and people still believe the rumors that she killed her sister.

So when Clara gets the email saying It should have been you, she doesn't tell anyone right away. But after she tries to reply and it gets bounce back, she does go see the Detective that was working on Moura's case. When he meets her with suspicion she worries that no one will ever find the killer.

So she decides that she has to look into this, not only to clear her name, but to save her life as well.

I couldn't stop reading this from the moment I opened the book. This book deals with so much from domestic violence among teens, murder, stalking, inappropriate relationships and so much more. I wanted to shake all the people that found it so easy to believe that someone could or would kill their own sister just because she was left out and jealous. I mean I do know that it happens, but still I found that so frustrating.

I admit that I pretty much guessed the killer when certain information was revealed, but my guess is it was designed to be that way, what I didn't see coming was the other part.... I know so vague but spoilers. I don't want to ruin it for you. This is a must read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.