The Spring Girls by Anna Todd

The Spring Girls by Anna Todd

Thanks to Netgalley and Gallery Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Jo, Beth, Meg and Amy are military brats on a base outside of New Orleans. Meg is in a relationship with John but still caught in in feelings for Shia. But she really wants to be an officer's wife doesn't she? Jo wants to see the world, but when she meets Laurie suddenly she wonders if she can have it all.

Beth just wants to play music, and Amy wants to be Meg more than anything. While Meg hopes to leave her past and trouble from Fort Hood way behind her. Meanwhile, their mom is quietly worried about their father. She hasn't heard from him in awhile.

This is a retelling of Little Women, and in a lot of aspects it gets it right. The Spring Girls does have the same feeling as Little Women. The military aspect sort of adds and detracts from it. I am always a tad worried when I read a book that tells the story from a military aspect because more often than not the author doesn't get it right. Why would that bother me? Because I was a Army brat and in the military and a military wife. Lol yes I did all three.

For me though the crux of the story was so good that what bothered me about the military setting was set aside. I wanted to know what was going to happen and I was rooting for all of them. Although Amy was a bit left out, I really loved Meg and Jo. Even though Meg drove me crazy a bit, more than once. But since, Jo was my favorite in Little Women, it would only seem right if she was my favorite here as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.