Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna

Thank you to Doubleday Books and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Jamie is the single mother of Kylie and Bailey, one day while on the way to a birthday party she stops at Kmart for the gift when she returns to the car they are gone. Her sister hires famed private investigator Alice Vega to find the girls.

Alice hires Cap to help her and the two begin looking at everything. The deeper they look the worse it looks. Meanwhile Jamie is losing it at the thought of never seeing her girls again.

I know my description was super short but there are so many twists in this book that I can't reveal them all it will ruin this experience. I couldn't stop reading, and man did I love Alice Vega. I say to you that I am really heartbroken this isn't a start to a series because I could read about Alice Vega solving cases every single day for the next year and not begin to tire of her.

This book is horribly dark and scary, and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Alice and Cap would find. Would it be good news? or bad news or maybe a bit of both. This is my first book by this author but it won't be the last. I feel like I am not even expressing this the right way, I want to rave about this book, but I don't want to give away even a single twist. The way the author ties it all together is masterful.

I mean I won't lie I had no clue, I suspected like two pieces of the puzzle, but not in the right way at all. Normally I have a pretty decent idea of what is going to happen or who did it, but this kept throwing me every time another twist was revealed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.