Let Me Lie by Clare MacKintosh

Thank you to Netgalley and Sphere for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Anna is still reeling from the grief, her father committed suicide and then seven months later her mother did as well. Anna met Mark, her husband at a grief counseling session. Now they are together and living in her parents old house. She has a baby and all is well except she just can't understand why her parents killed themselves.

Then Anna recieves an odd postcard in the mail, it says Suicide? Think again! She knows something is going on and so she goes into the police station and talks to the desk sgt. Murray listens to what she asks, and decides to look into the case and find evidence of the murders Anna believes happened before he takes it to CID.

Anna is consumed by finding the answers until the day she finds a brick thrown into the window of her daughter's room telling her no police leave it alone. She wonders what is really going on and if the people who killed her parents are after her.

Sadly I must leave it at there because spoilers. Whew what a book, Clare Mackintosh is becoming a go to author for me. I have read all three of her books and I love them. She is so masterful in her twists. This one I thought I was on top of it when I guessed a couple of them before they happened, but the rest of that I did not see coming. Like I want to rave about some things, but I can't because spoilers.

I hate that I want too, no I need to talk about this book and get all of my thoughts and feelings out. Needless to say that Anna wasn't surrounded by the best people. If you are looking for a slow burn thriller guaranteed to throw you for a couple of loops look no further.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.