Lies That Bind by Diana Rodriguez Wallach

Thanks to Netgalley and Entangled Teen for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

This is the second book, if you don't want spoilers please stop and read the first book.

Anastasia is back. She is in London with her sister to help Marcus find his brother. Although unlike the search for sister it is easy to find Antonio. Anastasia finds that suspicious and wonders if he is working for Department D.

Meanwhile, the life she left behind rears it's head when she finds out that her best friend Tyson has been murdered in Boston. Anastasia returns to go to his funeral and is shocked and horrified when her other best friend reveals he was murdered because of her. And that if she doesn't turn over her parents they are going to hunt down and kill everyone she cares about.

Allan Cross helps Anastasia come up with a plan and she goes on a mission to find other Dresden kids and give them an opportunity to take down Department D. Will she succeed or will she find that everything is again not as it seems?

Who can she trust? 

I was a little worried when I started this I could barely remember the first book, but a couple of chapters in it all came back to me and I was engrossed in this. I still love Anastasia even though she has it rough in this book. She really finds that her circle is even smaller than she realized. Marcus is still loving and I love having the addition of Kiera, Julian and Charlotte. They are great.

I am not sure if this is the last book it didn't quite feel like everything was wrapped up. But as far as I can see it appears that this is it for now. I do hope she writes more I just love the characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Review: The Dusk Gate Chronicles Boxed Set, Books 1-4