LifeL1k3 by Jay Kristoff

Thank you to Netgalley and Knopf Books for Young Readers for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Eve has been a robot gladiator for a few years. Helping her Grandpa survive until one day she figures out she can destroy machines with the power of her mind. Now she is on the run with her band of misfits. Lemon, Ezekiel and Cricket.

However, she is having memories of another time and another girl with a different name, and she can't figure out what that means. As they try to stay one step ahead of the Preacher and figure out her past can she face the truth?

I know this is a bit brief on the summary. However, this is full of twist including a massive one at the end that I am still reeling from to be honest. So I am vague because those even the minor ones will take away from the story.

To be honest I wasn't sure I was going to like this, I was a few chapters in and considered setting it aside, but everyone was raving about it so I kept going. It is interesting premise. Lifel1k3 robots were built and then revolted and the world has been torn apart by war.

I am honestly not sure how I feel about Eve and you have to read the book in order to understand why I am saying that. I feel a bit heartbroken by the ending. I am actually not sure if I liked it at all. I did really enjoy the story once I got sucked into it. Another great story by Jay! I am sort of afraid to see where he will take it from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.