What you Want to See by Kristen Lepionka

Thank you to Netgalley and Minotaur Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Roxane is back, she had been tailing Marin to see if she was being unfaithful until the client's check bounced. Now however, Tom and another Detective have shown up at her door and are asking her questions about Marin. It seems that someone shot her, and they think it was Arthur her client.

Roxane heads back to Arthur's to see what he has to say, but he seems more confused than ever. Although he did find out that Marin was stealing money from him. Roxane begins to dig deeper into Marin and soon the rabbit hole is out of control.

Will Roxane be able to find and stop the killer before her family pays the price? Will she unravel all the strands fast enough?

Usually I would say quite a bit more about the story but this had so many strands that I didn't want to reveal one of them and give things away. This was another brilliant Roxane story. What I love most about this was it so realistic to a degree. All the tangled webs of people not being exactly who we think they are.

It allows to realize that we don't always know the people we think we know, and that we don't always know what they are capable of. I read this in one sitting, I couldn't put it down. I also love that you don't necessarily need to read the first one, although I highly recommend you start there to read and understand this one. I can't wait to see what Roxane does next!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.