A Double Life by Flynn Berry

Thank you to Netgalley and Viking for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Claire has been living a quiet life until one night a detective shows up at her door to get a DNA sample. They think they found her father. This sets Claire down a path, she knows that it isn't him, but this time she wants to find him and she wants to know the truth.

She has followed James, one of her father friend's, off and on for a few years. She has finally figured out some of his secrets and she reconnects with Alice his daughter in order to find out more. Once Claire is invited back to Alice's family home, she begins digging around there in order to figure out if her dad was there, buried there or something else.

Claire is determined to find out the truth about the night Emma, her nanny, was murdered and the night her mother was almost killed. Her mother claims it was her father, but his friends claim she was lying. Claire isn't quite sure about the truth, but she lost her mother as a teenager and she wants to know everything.

Whew I couldn't stop reading this, I had to know what was going on. It was told mostly from Claire's point of view, although when she told the story of her mother and father leading up to that night, she tells it like a story told to her. I found it all fascinating and I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure it out. It wasn't super shocking, but I admit some of the twists at the end threw me.

I actually really liked Claire she tried to be honest and I could tell that some of her actions pained her. I am kind of torn on the ending on the one hand it is kind of the best and on the other I still want some a little more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Fairest of the Faire!