The Disappearing by Lori Roy

The Disappearing by Lori Roy

Thank you to Netgalley and Dutton Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review. 

Lane is back in her home town of Waddell, and her father is under fire for his role in the boys' school that he ran. But what is even more worrisome is that Susannah has disappeared and no one seems to know what happened to her. They all wonder if has to do with what happened when Lane disappeared as a child.

However, when Annalee disappears one night, Lane becomes frantic to find her daughter and little does she know the truth about what happened to her, the boys' school and her father are all wrapped up together. Lane joins the search with her old boyfriend Mark. Soon they uncover that Annalee was still seeing Jimmie, and that perhaps Talley (Lane's youngest daughter might know more than the rest of them).

As always I am vague, I have to say that I stuck with this book when they mentioned the boys' school. I listened to a podcast not too long that was on that topic.  I am sorry I don't remember the name, although to be honest I thought it was closed by the 90s, but I could be wrong. I was interested to see how the author would tie it all together.

Honestly, I am not sure I love the results. It was intriguing, but I am not sure the way the story flowed appealed to me. The subject matter, and the plot where what kept me going. It had a few point of views, and it was third person which I am not a fan of. And the reveal actually really didn't shock me too much, I think I was more shocked at who got away with what then I was by who actually did it. So it had things going for it, and it had things that did not help at all. 

Comments

  1. You made some decent points there. I checked on the internet for more information about the issue and
    found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ual , este conteúdo era exatamente o que minha irmã estava procurando para seu trabalho da faculdade
    . Vou repassar já . Muito obrigado

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.