The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

Thank you to Netgalley and Dutton for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Emma can only pain the girls. All three of them, and she always covers them up but they are there on every painting she has made. Fifteen years ago, Emma's roommates at camp walked out of the cabin and were never seen again. Now Emma is a successful painter who is still haunted by that day.

When Franny approaches her with a position at the camp for the summer, Emma initially doesn't want to do it, but she soon realizes that maybe she can actually find out what happened to Allison, Natalie, and Vivian all those years ago. She has so many things to make amends for.

When she arrives at camp, she picks out her old cabin and immediately searches Viv's hiding spot and finds a map and a picture. Then she meets the girls that she is going to be sharing the cabin with and does her best to make friends with them.

As the days progress, Emma slowly begins to unravel what happened fifteen years, and maybe saving her own sanity. Of maybe she is crazy and maybe she is too blame for it all?

I read Final Girls by Riley Sager and was blown away, like words can't express how much I loved it, and I am happy to say that I felt the same way about this. Maybe it is all the nods to 80s horror movies that I just can't shake. Well really those hit me in my happy place, so it just makes the books better. They have this kind of cooky vibe, but underneath it all, he keeps you guessing as to what the heck happened. I had like a million guesses throughout this book, but I have to admit I didn't see the final twist coming. I really didn't! I can't wait to see what he comes out with next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.