The Silent Sister by Shalini Boland

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Lizzy thinks life is grand other than the fact that she hasn't spoken to her sister in a number of years. Ever since Emma made a pass at him. Until one day she finds a letter inside her house addressed to her and it simple says I am obsessed with you.

Lizzy finds it creepy, but she isn't too worried until she finds another a few days later at her job. She knows then that someone is stalking her. She calls the police to tell them about the letters, but there really isn't too much she can do. As things begin to happen Lizzy finds herself feeling more and more paranoid and worried about who is following her around.

I would say so much more, but the twists in this book keep coming all the way until the end. I will say that I had figured out part of it so I wasn't too shocked by the reveal. But that epilogue had me reeling. I was stunned. I really liked Lizzy, I did think she was too trusting and way too willing to accuse anyone and everyone of having a hand in the letters. However, that being said I can totally see how the paranoia would ramp up with every incident and how you could begin to suspect almost everyone of having a hand in it.

I am a little sad that was a standalone, because the way it ended Lizzy deserves so much more, she deserves to know the truth and I want to read that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.